Digitalization of the library collection financed with the help of WPR Kultura+ (Long-term Government Programme Culture+)
Since 1 August 2014 Voivodeship Public Library in Opole has been implementing a project subsidized by the Long-term Government Programme Culture+; the project entails digitalizing the national heritage and cultural resources and making them available. What is more, it focuses on creation of technological infrastructure for the digitalized collections. The project will last till 15 May 2015.
A grant for the implementation of the project "Digitalization and development of the Digitalization Department of WBP (Voivodeship Public Library) in Opole" has been allocated from the financial resources of the Long-term Government Programme Culture+. The grant amounts to 118 440 zł, which has been divided into 35 640 zł for current expenses and 82 800 zł for investment expenses. The total cost of the project amounts to 163 080 zł.
The collection digitalized under the programme Culture+ consists of:
- incunabula, old prints, manuscripts – approx. 130 objects;
- 16th-19th century cartography and 1930’s cartography - approx. 150 maps;
- book collection from Emil Kornas’s collection dating to the beginning of 20th century;
- approx. 350 historic postcards from the years 1900-1939;
- a few dozen 1960’s documents of social life concerning Opole song festival.
Majority of the digitalized items belong to the public domain and will be available free of charge on the website of Opole Digital Library.
Dofinansowano ze środków Programu Wieloletniego Kultura+
Development of the Digitalization Department and a new face of OBC (Opole Digital Library)
- Today we have started to implement the programme “The development of the Digitalization Department in WBP (Voivodeship Public Library) in Opole”. The realization of this task would not be possible without the financial support of the National Audiovisual Institute that under the programme Culture+ provided resources to buy new specialist equipment and hire additional workers. We have bought a scanner – ScanMaster 2 XXL (equipped with a book cradle), another scanner – Avision A3 with ADF module, 3 computer sets with EIZO monitors, UPS feeds and software for editing graphic files and publishing them in OBC. Our Digital Library has been equipped with a new server storing data as well as a new system that backups data on tapes. The programme will last till the end of July 2014, though we anticipate its continuation.
Quarterly information and methodical of Opole
- We began to publish historical numbers, "We help each other's work". Have a look at the publication http://obc.opole.pl/dlibra/publication?id=2628&tab=3
Maintenance work is postponed
Due to illness the employee access to Digital Library of Opole will be turned off from 20 to 24 June.
We apologize for the change.
- Work will take place from early morning on Monday, and access to the collections of the OBC will be restored as soon as possible but no later than Friday 17 June this year.